Become a Member
How Do I Become a Member?
At Northway Church membership matters. The requirements for church membership are that each person:
- Is a follower of Jesus Christ as evidenced by a personal salvation experience
- Has been baptized by immersion
- Attends Discover Northway
WHAT IS DISCOVER NORTHWAY?
Discover Northway is an evening event in which a free meal and free childcare are provided. During the course of the evening, our Lead Pastor, Kevin Mills, will explain the vision, beliefs, and ministries of the church, so that the expectations of membership are clear. At the conclusion of the evening, participants are offered the opportunity to join the church, though there is no obligation to do so by attending. Discover Northway will take place three or four times each year in January, April, and August.
Why Should Someone Become a Church Member Instead of Just Attending?
While we recognize that the Bible does not speak directly to church membership, the Bible does refer frequently to the importance of believers gathering together on a regular basis. By joining a church fellowship, members:
- Identify with Christ and this local church
- Take responsibility for others in the fellowship
- Can fill certain roles in the church
- Can vote on important church matters
Our next Discover Northway class is coming soon, so stay tuned! If you have any questions call the church office at 478-476-1971 or e-mail email@example.com.
A church celebrates that which it values. At Northway, we celebrate baptism because it is an important step of obedience for every person who has accepted Christ as his or her Savior. We practice baptism by immersion.
Why is Baptism so Important?
- Jesus Himself was baptized and commanded that His followers be baptized. (Mark 1:9 and Matthew 28:19-20)
- Baptism illustrates the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ and also represents our new life as Christians. (Romans 6:4 and 2 Corinthians 5:17)
- It is a public declaration of one’s faith in Jesus Christ. (Romans 10:9-10)
Baptism doesn’t make a person a believer or “save” a person. It is a public demonstration of one’s faith in Christ. Like a wedding ring, baptism is an outward symbol of a personal commitment. Therefore, we encourage everyone who has trusted in Christ as their Savior to be baptized as soon as possible after they have made that commitment.
If you have further questions or would like to take the next step towards being baptized, please contact Phil Anderson at 478-476-1971 or firstname.lastname@example.org.