Cathedral Coffee is Northway Church’s new coffee shop, currently under construction and opening in March/April 2018! Cathedral Coffee will be a 3,500 square foot, full-service coffee shop (coffee, tea, blended drinks, snacks, etc.), complete with drive-thru and outdoor patio space. Sourced by Batdorf and Bronson, Cathedral Coffee will provide a great product, excellent customer service, and beautiful interior/exterior spaces for the people of Macon!
Interested in joining our team? Read through our job description below!
Mission and Job Summary
Cathedral Coffee seeks to provide an inviting, relaxed atmosphere that is open to the congregation and the community. We are not just serving coffee, we are serving the community by sharing the gospel.
We seek a coffee-loving, hardworking manager with a positive, Christlike attitude who is able to work in a fast paced environment. The manager must understand the vision of Northway Church and be passionate about leading employees in the same direction. They must have excellent customer relations skills and have a desire to impact the lives of others. They must also be able to lead a team and manage the cafe with little direction. We are seeking someone who can work flexible hours during weekdays and occasional weekends and holidays. This is a full time, salaried position.
- Operate the café and provide personal and professional customer service
- Oversee the staff and provide spiritual direction and support to the team
- Manage the schedules of the café staff
- Place orders for new merchandise and supplies
- Provide feedback and constructive criticism about the café’s operation
- Manage the store’s financial performance and safety/security
- Report to the executive pastor
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year, accredited college or university preferred
- Previous food or beverage experience required
- Minimum one year management (or leadership) experience preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Follower of Jesus Christ
- Good organization and planning skills
- Must be able to work well with a team
- Strong leadership skills
- Communication (oral and written), problem solving, and basic computer skills
- Able to learn quickly
- Able to manage calmly and effectively in a fast paced environment
- Problem solving skills
- Must pass a background check and have credit history reviewed
- Must model the standards and expectations of Northway Church
Submit all materials by email to email@example.com in a pdf document by January 5, 2018.
No phone calls, mailed resumes, visits, or other forms of communication, please.
- Resume with picture
- 3 references: 2 industry-related and 1 personal